Ranch dressing

I had a bash at New Look 6981 upon Erin’s evangelism for same. The fabric was some bargain quilting cotton from Darn Cheap covered in – YEEE HA! – cowboys. Seemed to suit the pattern because the big, directional rope-bordered diamonds kinda eliminated tricksy seam options.

Came out orright. Should have shaped the waist yoke a bit better and might eventually re-do it.

Love the dude in the background who’s running away from this impending rodeo disaster.

What else, what else…. despite the stony silence around here, I have been making a thing or two. I made the cowl-necked top that goes with the pattern above which again, was orright, but I should have made a bit longer. (Why haven’t I learnt this yet?!) I made Simplicity 3833 for a friend but forgot to take a pic before sending it on its way. And I’ve been working on the Duchess of Windsor dress in a Japanese silk for a few weeks including hand-picking the narrow hems. Which explains the weeks.

I need more stunt dresses, I think. I’m heading in to the Ladies’ Lounge to see what I can muster.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s