A quick reminder of the platonic ideal – Burda Crossover Blazer 06/2012 #121
And thar she blows – my version in two shades of linen. I cut a size 42. I added an inch to the arm length and cut the shoulders in a bit. Oh, and bound buttonholes? Pffffft.
Things I like about it
- I may have forgiven linen for its earlier transgressions. This red stuff is lovely. I like its flop and its crumple.
- Always glad to use up some of my Buttonmania buttons. These are splendid.
- The lining – polished cotton that once lined a bedspread – is so soft. Heavy but cosy.
- Extra long arms are terrific!
Things I like a little less
- I think a few design details lose the right proportion when graded up. Perhaps it would have been better with an extra button. And compare the angle on the lapel – did it stretch as I sewed?
- I’d curve it in at the waist more next time.
- It’s bloody tricky to find the spot for the button second from the top!