Finished – and what a sunny frock she is, made from loud 1970s sheets – floral outer and striped lining.
With a bit of tweaking, she comes out with surprisingly retro lines, I think.
- lengthened bodice 7cm to accomodate height
- made neckline shallower and narrower by about 2cm
- lengthened pleats and converted to darts for closer fit
- sewed right shoulder with larger seam allowance to accomodate my curvy spine
- added a kick pleat at centre back hem – who in their right mind tries to walk in a hobble skirt these days?
- cut skirt two sizes bigger than bodice but still had to use teeny tiny seam allowances… oops.
I reckon I might make another with my NZ fabric since it’s so fine that it will need lining anyway.
I told an untruth, though. I haven’t had another go at my block. Pah.